Time to Celebrate

I have mentioned in some previous posts that we have been pursuing adoption.  On April 15th, we received a very exciting phone call - the agency had an adoption referral for us!  They sent us all the information on the child, and after a few questions back and forth, review of all the information - just last week we humbly accepted the privilege to be this child's family.

So, today, we would like to pass on some of our joy by introducing our (drum roll please) ..............


BOY!!!!

For his privacy, we agreed not to post his name or pics on-line.  But I will share some news about him... we'll call him HC.  HC is 9 months old, and is sooo cute.  He has crazy hair that sticks straight into the air.  His cheeks are so chubby; they just scream "please smooch me!".  HC was placed with a loving foster family at 5 months old and is still with them today (praise God for this family!).

Reese is super excited to be getting another brother.  

It will still be a year or so before we get to bring HC into our home.  I know there are a lot of things that can go "wrong" between now and the time HC comes home, but I know the grace of God.  It is enough for anything during this process.  Should HC's bio-Mom return - God's grace is enough.  Should HC's growth and development not be what we hope - God's grace is enough.  Should the wait be longer than we anticipate - God's grace is enough.  None of these things are easy, but I've seen what God is capable of - and that's what I rest my eyes and hope upon Him.

God is so good.  Thanks for letting me share our great news with you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Living the promises

Pursuing the Illogical

Co-existance of Joy and Grief