A True Leader

Yesterday, someone asked me about when we made the decision to adopt, and what was the interaction like between my husband and me during that decision making process.  I was able to recount the vision God gave me but didn't necessarily give to Ron.

God relates to Ron and I in very different ways; He is much more straight forward with me.  As crazy as it may seem, I have dreams, visions and hear words in my heart (which is very difficult to explain).  For Ron, it is much more of a gentle, quiet leading.

It is sometimes difficult for me to share with Ron if God revealed something to me because it almost always means change for him even though he did not personally receive the direction.  I don't want Ron to feel forced into these changes... I want them to come from his heart so that he can have joy rather than bitterness.

In the book of Judges, there is a story of a barren couple.  An angel of the Lord appeared to the wife sharing that they would have a son that would help deliver Israel.  When she shared this information with her husband, this is what happened:

“Then Manoah entreated the Lord and said, ‘O Lord, please let the man of God whom You have sent come to us again that he may teach us what to do for the boy who is to be born.” Judges 13:8
To recount our story yesterday and to read this story today, I am reminded of the challenge Ron faces in having to often hear God's leading through me first - though he doesn't always jump on board instantaneously, he does approach my announcements with prayer, gentleness, wisdom and love.  This constantly helps with my courage to pursue God with a tenacity rather than hesitation.  This is the sign of a true leader of our household in that Ron is doing things that lead us, his family, to deepen our relationships with the Lord.

My heart is filled with joy today as I consider the many blessings that have been provided to me through our Lord Jesus Christ.  He is an amazing God full of promises that can only be fulfilled by a God as mighty and creative as He.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living the promises

Pursuing the Illogical

Co-existance of Joy and Grief