Short sabatical coming to an end

It has been 3 months since my last post.  Oh how I've missed being here...

For those who do not know me personally, I would like to provide a quick update on our life as of late.  After almost 3 years of being in the process to adopt our son, we were finally able to travel to South Korea this past June and bring him home!  I have for several years referred to him only as "HC" on this blog since we could not post any specific information about him.

So, now, let me officially introduce our youngest son: Hyun Chae Oliver Wood






Hyun just turned 3 years old.  His transition is going extremely well, and it is such a joy to see he and Reese together at last.  There is so much I could say about this boy, our trips, our family... but all I am going to say is "praise be to our Heavenly Father for so many answered prayers!". If you would like to see more about our trips to Korea or the boys, feel free to visit my family blog site which was private during the process, but I have now made public.   Wood Adoption Blog

Since our return from Korea, I have been on leave from work in order to help with bonding and transition for both boys.  We were also given an opportunity to travel to PA to visit with Ron's family and celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary (wow!!!).  After 11 years of ministry, On July 30th, we had our final Celebrate Recovery celebration at Highland Park Christian Church.  What an amazing journey it has been to serve in such a capacity, and to walk away I believe took more faith than it took to start the ministry.  I'm sure I will have more to share with you on this subject in the days ahead.

My prayers over the last few years have been filled with discussions with God regarding Hyun and Celebrate Recovery - so now I am at a pause. "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10. - that's where I've been the last 3 months.  My silence on this blog wasn't because I was overwhelmed or had too much on my plate (though, my days have quite certainly been filled!) - it's simply because I have been silenced while in awe and in wonder of where we will be off to next.  It has seemed like a private moment between the Lord and me.

My short 3 month sabbatical from writing is coming to an end - not because I'm not still in awe, but because I have learned that God has given me life experiences and insights to share with others through His word.  My prayer for all those reading my blog is that you will at times be inspired, encouraged, and challenged.  I try to be real in my writing - which I hope doesn't make me appear like a Looney toon, but instead I hope it brings so much honor and glory to a God that can use even me to be a part of all that He is doing.

Many blessings to each of you, and I look forward to the days ahead. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living the promises

Pursuing the Illogical

Co-existance of Joy and Grief