Always a Reason to Celebrate!

Since losing Elliot and my Mother, I definitely have a different perspective on Mother's Day.  Now, rather than sitting around waiting for others to celebrate "Me" and everything I do for them (not that I ever really did that...), I take this time to celebrate getting to be a Mom.

So today, I am going to celebrate my little guy Reese.  He is so very special to me; below are some things I want to celebrate about Reese.

  • Reese is developing such Godly character.  He uses his words to encourage others, he is honest, and he loves the Lord.
  • I am constantly mesmerized by the ways God has gifted him. 
  • I LOVE his creativity, and his ability to express himself.  
  • Reese definitely prefers logic.  We made a decision when he was an infant that we were not going to do "Santa" at Christmas, and, now that Reese is older, I am so glad that we didn't!  I'm pretty sure he would have just pointed out all the reasons that Santa could not have been real, and it would have made us feel like such liars!
  • Reese is named after my Grandmother who passed away while I was pregnant with him (Rees was her maiden name).  She and I were very close.  He has her deep blue eyes. 
  • He has surprised us from the very start!  The ultrasounds kept saying "girl", but he definitely popped out as a boy :).
  • Reese is a bit introverted, and though he doesn't like being around a LOT of people, he is very devoted to those who are close to him.
I am so thankful to get to be Reese's Mom, and I am so thankful that I have a husband who helps motherhood to be a fun and blessed time.  I am also thankful to God that he has qualified me for such a role because I would be floundering in despair to know what to do with and for this boy everyday if it weren't for Him.  I am also thankful that I don't have to be a perfect Mom because Reese has God to rely on for perfect parenthood.

"Children are a heritage from the Lord..." Psalm 127:3


Just before I went into labor!
9 mo old - He looks like Buddha in this pic :)
2 yrs old

5 yrs old - Reese at his best in "Lego Building" mode.
 
Reese and his very good buddy Carter
Ways Reese encourages me

Okay, so I always hope that he is learning about the Lord from me, but apparently, in my engineering type fashion, I am teaching him waaaaay more about math :).



DIARY EXCERPTS
Below are excerpts from Reese's diary that he said I could share with you (the entries are from last year).  I just thought it was a fun way to share Reese's expressiveness, grateful attitude and creativity with you.  Below each pic I will interpret for you in case you don't read "Reese-isms".

"Today we had to go to church, and I was in a program and, you want to know what I was like? 'LA!' That's what I was like and then we got lunch at a restaurant." (Look at those giant lips!)

"Today we had a Christmas part.  All of our parents came and we ate pizza. (parents on the side talking, 'Blah, blah, blah')  And we did some Christmas songs and I was shaking by booty." (that booty cracks me up!)

"And we have this red plat, and if you get it - it means you did something special and I get it!  And we're having my favorite meal." (The red plate is a very thing at our house)


Thank you all for sharing in this special celebration with me!!!

Happy parenting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living the promises

Pursuing the Illogical

Co-existance of Joy and Grief