Season of Waiting

"Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur, and He will hear my voice.  He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me, for they are many who strive with me." Psalm 54:17-18

Family pictures... What a wonderful opportunity to record seasons in a family's life.  We had an opportunity to get a free family photo this last week, and it was a little bitter sweet.  How can we get a family photo when so many from our family are "missing"?  

I prayed before our photo session that I could be thankful because what we have is enough.  Our picture time was a sweet moment for our family, and our photographer actually did a beautiful job of helping us incorporate a small piece of Elliot and HC into some of our pictures.  Ofcourse I also wore a BEAUTIFUL necklace given to me by my mother-in-law, which has a trinket for each of my children on earth or in Heaven, in America or in Asia!  One day we will all truly be together, but these are the small things I do right now to help with my longing for my family to be together.

Waiting is never easy.  Yesterday was HC's birthday.  We had a cake and sang "Happy Birthday", but it is difficult to know that his life is not standing still during this waiting period.  He is growing, learning, connecting - all are moments that we will never get back with him.  We are very thankful for the care he is receiving, but we also long to be the ones providing the care.  There is somewhat of an assumption that he will get to come home between December and March, but there is little to base that on at the moment.

This post may sound much like murmuring and complaining, but I say it all while having faith that my God is not surprised by any of these situations or emotions.  I say it in confidence that we will not be in this season forever.  There is a plan, and I believe it is good.

"In God, whose word I praise, in God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid." Psalm 56:4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living the promises

Pursuing the Illogical

Co-existance of Joy and Grief